Thursday, August 26, 2010

Book Shopping...


Yesterday Bob and I went to Barnes and Noble. I could not wait to officially go the pregnancy section and purchase some books. We browsed for a little while and being budget conscious only left with two books. We got "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" and "Belly Laughs". 




I started reading as soon as we got home. I read almost all of "Belly Laughs" last night. It is a very frank and comic look at pregnancy. It addresses a lot of the things no one really talks about because there to embarrassed or grossed out about what is going on with their body. I can already relate to some parts of it.
 After reading about halfway through the book I was so sleepy. It was only 8pm at that point which is so odd for me but I ended up falling asleep till eleven and woke up nauseated. That seems to be how I feel lately sleepy, nauseated, and always having to pee. I totally thought I wouldn't have to pee this much till the third trimester but apparently you have urinary frequency in the first trimester too. I am really excited about the book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week". It tells us how big our little one is, what is developing, tips, changes you are going through and more. The hardest part is not to read ahead. 
Today I talked to my doctor and we set up our first ultrasound and prenatal appointment. It is in 2 and a half weeks. I can not wait to see our little one's heartbeat. I think Bob and I both are a little nervous about our baby until we see the heartbeat. My doctor and I also talked about another appointment we have scheduled for Monday at Duke Perinatal Clinic. Before getting pregnant my doctor and I discussed the possibility of my pregnancy being high risk due to the fact I have had a blood clot before. So we are going to talk  about the risks and wether or not I need to be on anticoagulants during pregnancy. This also makes me nervous I defiantly do not want to go through that again. I am still trying to keep my excitement measured simply because I know the risks and I see miscarriages everyday in the ER. However, it is still amazing how much one simple word such as pregnant changes everything. Bob and I began praying over the baby and what changes this will bring. We are already so in love with our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment