Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankful for Insurance:

I am so thankful for our prescription drug insurance right now. Remember I told you I was going to be going on shots. Well these shots are VERY expensive. How expensive? Well I called my Pharmacy yesterday to see if my prescription was ready. The very sweet lady at our CVS said yes but asked me to hold so she could tell me the price. She came back and said" Mrs. Adams even with prescription drug coverage your month supply of Lovenox is $698". I am almost cried. I simply said " I don't know what to do, we can not afford that." She asked me to hold again she wanted to check something. After a short while she came back and said that a few weeks ago a generic just came out on the market and that a month's supply would be covered by our insurance and we would only have to pay $10. I was overjoyed, she said they would order it and get the prescription in today. Can we say thankful! Bob went to go pick up my prescription today and this is what he came home with.
My first month's supply:

That right there is over retail $4,000 worth of medicine yes you read that correctly $4,000.  We paid $10.
Our pharmacist said our insurance was really working for us and we are so thankful! We are once again reminded the Lord provides. So needless to say I started my shots today. I forgot how much they burn, but it is all worth it to keep little one and myself safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment